If you install Chrome or Firefox it often becomes the default browser on your machine which is fine for browsing but when you develop with VS2010 you sometimes want Internet Explorer (IE) to be the default browser.
Simply follow these steps to set IE as your default development browser.
- Open a web project in Visual studio
- Right click on a .html or .aspx file in the web project
- Select ‘Browse with’ from the menu
- You will see the ‘Browse With’ dialog window (see below) and select ‘Interner Explorer’
- Click ‘Set as Default’ and close the dialog window.
- Run the project